How to clean the oven with baking soda and white vinegar
We teach you how to clean the oven with baking soda and white vinegar . In addition, we provide you with some tips to eliminate the bad smell after use. Don’t miss out on these cheap and homemade tricks.
The oven is undoubtedly one of the most widely used appliances. By cons, it is one of those that is cleaned less frequently. And grease can stick to the walls making it harder and harder to remove. Therefore, we provide you with a complete guide to clean the oven thoroughly with baking soda and white vinegar . Do you dare to meet them?
Before applying the following cleaning tricks we recommend :
The use of gloves.
The use of sponges and cloths.
The use of kitchen paper.
Have baking soda, lemon, and vinegar on hand.
Turn off the oven or unplug it. Cleaning must be done cold, with exceptions.
Then remove trays and racks. They must be cleaned separately. The tricks depend on the grease and dirt your oven has accumulated.
1. Vinegar for frequent cleaning
We have already told you about all the uses of vinegar in the home . And one of them is the vinegar’s ability to clean appliances. In your oven it will be ideal for degreasing, disinfecting and maintaining its shine . The best? Vinegar is a non-chemical and non-abrasive product.
How? In a spray bottle pour vinegar and hot water (1/4 vinegar and 3/4 water). Spray the mixture on all the walls of the oven. Leave the mixture to act for 20 to 30 minutes. The time will depend on whether the fat is hard or fresh.
Then, with a cloth or sponge, begin to rub the oven walls until all the grease and dirt possible are removed. Do not forget to clean the oven door , the great forgotten. Rinse with another damp, lint-free cloth, pass kitchen paper to dry, and you’re done.
Tip : Apply this homemade trick after each use. Thus, you can keep it clean and neat.
2. Vinegar and baking soda for hard fat
If your oven is dirty or hasn’t been cleaned in a long time , baking soda and vinegar will be your great allies.
Together they will act and restore the shine of the first day. How? In a bowl add:
10 tablespoons of baking soda .
4 tablespoons of hot water .
4 tablespoons of white or apple cider vinegar . If the mixture is too thin, add more baking soda .
Mix well and spread the pasta all over the oven surfaces. Especially in areas where there is more dirt. Let the mixture work for a couple of hours and even overnight . As they are natural products, it will not affect the operation of your oven at all.
Next, prepare a vinegar and water mixture (1/4 vinegar and 3/4 water) in a spray bottle and spray the mixture on the surfaces. With the help of a sponge, remove the dirt and rinse well.
If your oven has never been cleaned or the fat is very adhering to the walls, use special degreasing products to clean the oven.
3. Lemon to eliminate bad smell
Vinegar and lemon are excellent natural disinfectants . In the case of cleaning the oven, it will eliminate the bad smell that the fat adhering to the walls may generate.
How? In the oven tray pour boiling water. Add lemon juice. Close the oven and let the mixture act for half an hour. Then, remove and wipe the entire oven with a damp cloth. It is very effective in eliminating bad odor!
Clean oven racks and trays
Don’t forget to clean the oven racks and trays. To do this, you must soak them in hot water and laundry detergent.
Follow these steps to clean the grates:
Fill the sink with hot water . Add a capful of laundry detergent . If it’s powder detergent, add exactly the amount you would use for a short wash cycle.
Insert the grates and let them soak for about 20 minutes . If the sink only fits half of the rack, when the time has elapsed, turn the rack and leave the other half the same time.
use a metal scouring pad to scrape the burned food off the bars.
Empty the sink, rinsed racks and dry them with kitchen paper before putting them back in the oven. It is best to clean the oven after use, to prevent grease and dirt from accumulating.
10 recommendations if you use grease removers or commercial oven cleaners
1. Read the instructions: Many cleaning chemicals contain caustic soda , which burns the skin, irritates the eyes and damages the lungs. Keep the windows open and follow the directions on the label.
2. Put on rubber gloves: Wear them at all times, from the moment you start applying the chemical cleaner until you remove it. When you’re done, rinse the outside of the gloves with hot water .
3. Keep the children away: You can leave the house while you wait for the oven cleaner to do its job. It is important that you take young children with you, as you will reduce the risk of them coming into contact with the product.
4. Protect the floor: Before putting the oven cleaner, spread newspaper on the floor under the oven to prevent the chemical from damaging it.
5. Keep the kitchen ventilated: The kitchen should be well ventilated while you clean the oven. Open the windows and, if you can, the doors as well.
6. Protect your skin: Put on long sleeves and avoid the product splashing you . If it comes in contact with your skin, wash immediately with plenty of soap and water.
7. Protect your eyes: As chemical cleaners tend to irritate the eyes, if it comes into contact with yours, wash them with plenty of water and consult a doctor if they are still irritated.
8. Clean oven racks: Most products don’t just clean surfaces, but oven racks . If they are very blackened, rub them with a metal scourer before rinsing the product.
9. Use disposable cloths: Remove the cleaning product with kitchen towels or cloth cloths that, once the cleaning is done, you will throw away.
10. Completely remove the product: After removing most of the cleaning product, wipe with a cloth dampened with warm water and wrung out . Repeat the operation as many times as necessary until there is no more oven cleaner.